# of studies reporting psychometric properties: 4
- Scores range from 0 (best prognosis) to 25 (worst prognosis).
- A cut off score of 6 has been suggested to indicate clients at risk for pressure ulcer development.
MCID: not established in SCI
SEM: not established in SCI
MDC: not established in SCI
This measure has high inter-rater reliability (ICC = 0.91) and low internal consistency (person separation index PSI = 0.44).
(Delparte et al. 2015; Higgins et al. 2019)
- The optimal balance of sensitivity (75.6%) to specificity (74.4%) was found at a cut-off point of ≥6 for SCIPUS score. The positive predictive value was 92.4% and the negative predictive value was 42.7%.
- Correlation of the SCIPUS is moderate with the stage of the first pressure ulcer (Spearman’s r = 0.343) and with the number of ulcers developed (Spearman’s r = 0.339).
(Salzberg et al. 1996; Salzberg et al. 1999)
- Low accuracy of “high risk” categorization (cut-off scores of ≥ 6, ≥ 7, ≥ 8):
AUC < 0.70
(Delparte et al. 2015)
No values have been reported for the responsiveness of the SCIPUS for the SCI population at this time.
No values were reported for the presence of floor/ceiling effects in the SCIPUS for the SCI population.
Dr. Vanessa Noonan, Jeremy Mak, John Zhu
Date Last Updated
3 August 2020