- Originally developed for use among individuals with Multiple Sclerosis
- Captures the individual’s experience of mental or psychological fatigue and how it interferes with performing certain activities (exercise, work and family life)
- The FSS might have difficulties distinguishing fatigue from depression (the influence of pain may influence scores on the FSS)
- Can be used as a screen for fatigue in individuals with SCI. However, results should be interpreted with caution as some items may not have meaning for the SCI population.
- Some of the items may not be reflective of the SCI condition. However, the FSS has been extensively validated in other populations and may be the most widely used measure of fatigue in neurologic disorders.
Body Function ▶ Mental Function