- The EQR measures Affection, Emotional Intimacy and Communication. Useful in looking at aspects of relationships experienced by individuals with SCI.
- More specifically, the EQR scale measures:
- Feelings of affection and intimacy.
- Ability to solve problems within the relationship.
- Ability to communicate about sex with the partner.
- Satisfaction with these areas and the relationship as a whole.
- 30% – 40% of the subjects thought the questions regarding sex were difficult to answer.
- Due to the lack of current literature using this tool, other more mainstream methods such as client interview should be used in conjunction with this scale.
- The tool could feasibly be used for individuals with both tetraplegia and paraplegia.
- Staff burden is limited given the self-report nature of the scale.
Activities and Participation ▶ Interpersonal interactions and relationships