# of studies reporting psychometric properties: 2
MCID: not established in SCI
SEM: not established in SCI
MDC: not established in SCI
- Interpreting scores is difficult given lack of detail in item descriptions.
- Scores of 10+ denote risk of developing a pressure ulcer, 15+ high risk and 20+ very high risk. No rationale is provided for how these numbers were determined.
- No normative data or cut-points have been established for the SCI population
- Published data for the SCI population is available for comparison (see the Interpretability section of the Study Details sheet).
No values were reported for the reliability of the Waterlow scale for the SCI population.
- Moderate correlation with Norton Scale: r = -0.50 ~ -0.56
- Moderate ROC Analysis: Area under curve = 0.76
No values were reported for the responsiveness of the Waterlow Scale for the SCI population at this time.
64% of patients were reported to be high risk, while the remaining 36% of patients were reported to be at very high risk.
Dr. William Miller, Kyle Diab, Emily Procter, Gita Manhas
Date Last Updated
22 July 2020