- Screening measure of general psychiatric symptomatology
- Items include dimensions measuring somatization, obsessive-compulsive, depression, anxiety, phobic anxiety, hostility, interpersonal sensitivity, paranoid ideation, and psychoticism.
- Can be used to screen for psychiatric disorders and has been found useful in quantifying a variety of emotional reactions in adults following SCI
- The SCL-90-R is best used to screen for global psychological distress.
- This questionnaire has received much research attention and as a result normative scores are available for a variety of patient and non-patient populations.
- The instrument requires a reading knowledge equivalent to that of a sixth grade education.
Body Function ▶ Mental Functions