- Developed to measure emotional consequences after SCI
- Consists of three domains:
- Positive emotional outcome of person growth (which determines current positive changes)
- Negative outcomes of helplessness (which determines the level of perplexity, out of control and low self-esteem)
- Intrusion (which determines the level of bitterness and brooding)
- The results of the SCL EWQ are used to advise clinicians about specific emotional consequences of a traumatic SCI.
- The SCL EWQ is short and simple to complete. There is no significant respondent burden. The scale is simple to administer and score.
- The scale was originally developed for the SCI population.
Body Functions ▶ General Functions