- Assesses the impact of spasticity on daily life in people with SCI.
- Requires participants to recall their past 7 days when rating spasticity on a scale ranging from -3 (extremely problematic) to +3 (extremely helpful).
- The SCI-SET can be used as a tool for medical management decisions as well as a measurement of current treatment effects.
- Spasticity is known to be highly variable, fluctuating on a daily and even hourly basis. A seven day recall of the impact of spasticity may be overshadowed by current levels of spasticity. Repeated administration may therefore be necessary to provide a more accurate picture of the impacts spasticity has on daily life.
- The SCI-SET was developed specifically for the SCI population.
- The scale is easy to administer and score. Definitions of ‘spasm’ and the scale responses are clearly outlined in the instructions.
Body Function ▶ Neuromusculoskeletal & Movement-related Functions and Structures