- Specifically measures the frequency that people with SCI get associate secondary conditions that directly and indirectly impact health and physical functioning.
- Items were selected based on 3 criteria:
- That they represent conditions that are physiologic in nature (vs psychological or environmental).
- That they are measurable by patient history and physical examination, reported episodes, validated scales, or medical tests or interventions.
- Those that can be either prevented or managed with medical intervention and/or health behaviors.
- Items represent problems in the areas of skin, musculoskeletal, pain, bowel/bladder, and cardiovascular.
Body Function ▶ General Functions