- SCI-specific ambulation measure focusing on gait abnormalities.
- The gait parameters were developed by a panel of experts in SCI rehabilitation and consist of three components:
1. Gait parameter (weight shift, step width, step rhythm, step height, foot contact, step length)
2. Assistive devices use (degree of assistance provided by each of device (eg. cane, walker, parallel bars))
3. Walking mobility (walking distance, speed, and walking frequency)
- The SCI-FAI can only be used among SCI patients who can ambulate independently, with or without the use of assistive devices.
- The SCI-FAI can be completed during regular check ups or during home visits. Individuals walk for a maximum of 2 minutes and can use whatever walking devices they require. The SCI-FAI is short in duration and scoring is straightforward for all items on the scale.
Activity ▶ Mobility