- Assesses anxiety and depression in a non-psychiatric population
- Has 2 subscales: Depression and Anxiety, both with 7 items
- Other than physically ill individuals, the HADS is also used with community samples/populations.
- It is unclear if the few somatic items influence the reliability and validity of this measure with an SCI population. Further research is needed to confirm psychometric properties within this population.
- The HADS should only be used as a screening instrument. It is one of two instruments with an anxiety-specific scale that has had its measurement properties evaluated for the SCI population.
Body Function ▶ Mental Function