The intent of this SCI Outcome Measures Toolkit implementation guide is to accelerate standardized outcome measurement best practice adoption in the treatment of individuals with SCI. This guide describes the basic elements of implementation science in a practical and user-friendly way to encourage implementation within clinical practice.
This implementation guide and accompanying case study takes you through a 5 step process to ensure that you:
- Choose the most appropriate outcome measures to implement for your local environment.
- Engage the pertinent spectrum of stakeholders.
- Complete a scan of your local environment to understand barriers and facilitators to best practice implementation.
- Choose multiple implementation strategies linked to the findings of the environmental scan.
- Evaluate your implementation efforts to form a basis for continued improvement.
The SCI Outcome Measures Toolkit implementation guide can be downloaded.