Thursday March 22, 2018
1) SCIRE Professional is a free website that provides scientific evidence about spinal cord injury relevant for your clinical practice. We search the published literature and compile public health relevant reviews — eliminating your need to search and screen individual databases
2) Over 120 Outcome Measures validated for spinal cord injury are reviewed, explained, and downloadable for free on www.scireproject.com.
3) The Spinal Cord Injury Research Evidence (SCIRE) project is an international collaboration between scientists, clinicians and the community headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia and London, Ontario, Canada.
4) The 75+ writers (interdisciplinary teams of clinicians and researchers) from 6 countries have produced 70+ peer-reviewed journal articles and 35+ chapters of evidence (treatments).
5) All content is up to date, and reviewed every two years. Thenewest content is tagged with a green asterisk in the side bar (Left Navigation) so you will know what has most recently been updated.
6) We have a new website that is Responsive – it adapts to any device (tablet, computer or phone) that you are using for optimal viewing.
7) The 35 instructional videos that appear on our website also appear on our YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/scirewebvideo) and have over 93,000 views.
8) Our website is reviewed by over ¼ million users per year from over 200 countries.
9) An evaluation of 300+ health providers showed that SCIRE increased access to SCI evidence, influenced health provider’s clinical decision-making and improved their confidence in treating SCI patients.
10) Keep up with all of our latest news on Twitter along with our over 1,000 followers at http://www.twitter.com/SCIREProject.
The Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation and Rick Hansen Institute provided funding for SCIRE Professional. Other supporters of SCIRE Professional include GF Strong Rehabilitation Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Lawson Research Institute, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Western University and University of British Columbia.