Health Care Providers
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Degenerative Cervical Myelopathy and Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury, including Acute: Resource for clinicians including management strategies, type and timing for surgical decompression, anticoagulation strategies and rehab, MRI as a predictor, and use of methylprednisolone sodium succinate.
- Canadian Best Practice Guidelines for the Prevention and Management of Pressure Ulcers in People with Spinal Cord Injury: A Resource book for Clinicians
- The Institute for Rehabilitation Research and Development has an excellent page with resources for lung volume recruitment (breath stacking), mechanical insufflation-exsufflation (cough assist machine) and glossopharangeal breathing.
- The International SCI Pain Basic Data Set version 2.0 has Training Cases to help you understand the types of pain patients express and how to chart it.
- InSTeP: International Standards e-Training program – ASIA and ISCoS have developed the International Standards Training e-Learning Program or InSTeP.
- Supporting Clinical Initiatives in SCI (SCI2) : Resource site for better assessment and clinical guidance for your patients with SCI.
- Caring for Persons with Spinal Cord Injury: An eLearning resource designed specifically for family physicians caring for persons with Spinal Cord Injury – developed and hosted by the Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation.
- St. Joseph’s Spinal Cord Injury Resource Centre Links: An on-site library for consumers, patients and families to read or borrow materials, and an online library of resources for practitioners.
- Physiopedia: Universal access to physiotherapy and physical therapy knowledge.
- Evidence Network: Linking journals and policy experts to increase access to credible, evidence-based health information.
- Health Evidence: Searchable database of 3,818 rated systematic reviews evaluating the effectiveness of public health interventions.
- Spinal Cord Injury Knowledge Mobilization Network: Goal is adopt and use the best available practices in SCI care to improve outcomes.
- National Implementation Research Network: Mission is to contribute to the best practices and science of implementation and organization change.
- American Spinal Injury Association (ASIA) Learning Center: The International Standards Training e-Learning Program, or InSTeP, is a six-module course designed to enable clinicians to perform accurate and consistent neurological examinations of individuals with spinal cord injury.
- Paralyzed Veterans of America Clinical Practice Guidelines: Available for free download
- Wheelchair Skills Training Program: hosted by Capital Health and Dalhousie University.
- The CanPain SCI Clinical Practice Guidelines for Rehabilitation Management of Neuropathic Pain After Spinal Cord: